2 FLATS GUTTED IN FIRE IN PALGHAR AFTER GAS CYLINDER BLAST

MUMBAI : A raging fire due to a gas cylinder blast completely destroyed two flats in Dixit Apartment, Palghar on Wednesday afternoon.The three occupants, including the owner, his daughter and aged mother were saved in the nick of time by the neighbours. Two tenders from the Palghar civic Fire Brigade controlled the fire.

Kalpesh Patil owns two flats in thesecond floor of the building and while he was present in the hall, the fire started due to a short circuit and within seconds, the fire enveloped the entire two flats, and soon a gas cylinder burst in the kitchen as some cooking activity was going on,said a Fire  Brigade ofificial.

 

Neighbours hearing the blast, came to the Patil'sflat and rescued his aged mother, and a teenaged daughter while two tenders from the Palghar civic fire brigade controlled the fire. A short circuit could be the reason behind the fire and the Fire Brigade are investigating the incident and will present a report to the Palghar police for further action.